Green Beans in Red Pepper Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place beans in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until crisp-tender, 2-4 minutes. Drain. Pulse remaining ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Toss with beans.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 95 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Nov 17, 2016
I really liked these. I left out the almonds but the red pepper sauce was still a great addition to the green beans. Easy to prep the sauce in advance as well so I didn't have to worry about the dish timing.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.