Roasted Red Pepper Green Beans
This recipe showcases a creamy sauce with shallot-and-chive cheese. The toasted pine nuts add crunch. Just a few ingredients—so easy! —Becky Ellis, Roanoke, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Dash salt
- 1 package (5.2 ounces) shallot-chive spreadable cheese
- 1 jar (8 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- In a pot of boiling water, cook green beans until tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add pine nuts; cook and stir until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat; sprinkle with salt.
- Drain beans; return to pot. Place cheese over warm beans to soften; toss to coat. Add red peppers; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 152 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 341mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as The Grateful Bean in Simple & Delicious October/November 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.