Grilled Veggies with Mustard Vinaigrette
I make this healthy and inviting side dish whenever friends come over for a cookout. The honeyed vinaigrette lets the veggies shine. —Shelly Graver, Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min.
Makes10 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 2 large sweet red peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 bunch green onions, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. Gradually whisk in oils until blended.
- Peel and quarter each sweet onion, leaving root ends intact. Cut zucchini and yellow squash lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Lightly spritz onions, zucchini, yellow squash and remaining vegetables with cooking spray, turning to coat all sides.
- Grill sweet onions, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes until tender, turning occasionally. Grill zucchini, squash and peppers, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender and lightly charred, turning once. Grill green onions, covered, 2-4 minutes or until lightly charred, turning once.
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces; place in a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup vinaigrette and toss to coat. Serve with remaining vinaigrette.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 155 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Grilled Veggies with mustard vinegarette in Taste of Home April/May 2015
Aug 11, 2016
This is a really good and easy recipe - love all the varieties of veggies you can use - and the sauce is outstanding.
Jul 25, 2015
I made 1/2 recipe. I substituted a yellow pepper for the squash. Definite keeper.