Red Potatoes with Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 small red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Place the beans and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high until tender, 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook until tender, 10-15 minutes. Drain beans and potatoes; place in a bowl. Add onion and dressing; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 138 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jul 8, 2018
I did not really like this much at all; not warm or cold the next day.
Sep 10, 2014
Great dish by itself too.
Jan 17, 2013
The Italian dressing pulls it all together!
Jul 27, 2011
Very good! I think it tastes better cold and eaten the next day. I make this often in the summer.
Oct 4, 2009
Very good recipe! Complimented our steaks well. Thank you for sharing!