Green Beans with Dill Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth.
- Stir in the vinegar, salt, dill and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Drain beans; serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 59 calories, 2g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Aug 10, 2011
Yum! The sauce rocks, I'm going to try it on other veggies.
Apr 2, 2010
Wow, this was really great. The sauce was simple to make (altho I omitted the onion) and were a wonderful addition to the green beans. My husband loved it as well. Definitely a keeper!
Feb 7, 2010
I loved this dish and I'm not a big dill fan. I wanted to use fresh beans but it wasn't the right season. Frozen were fine. Drain the beans well so they don't dilute the sauce.