Green Pepper Casserole
I always prepare this family favorite when peppers and onions are in season.—Ellen Lloyd, Greenfield, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour 25 min.
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 5 small onions, chopped
- 3 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) peas, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) pimientos, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium pasta shells
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add soup and paprika. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in the green peppers, peas, mushrooms, pimientos, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Place in a large serving bowl; top with meat mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 281 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Green Pepper Casserole in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.