Chicken and Chiles Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (2 pounds) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2-1/2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, half-and-half cream, onion, chiles, salt and pepper. Stir in the potatoes, chicken and 2 cups cheese.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese before serving. If desired, sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 410 calories, 21g fat (14g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 647mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Apr 25, 2019
I just made this tonight, but instead of the sour cream, I added some cream cheese. I also doubled the amount of green chilis and added velveeta and cheddar cheese to make it extra cheesy. It was delicious.
Jan 28, 2019
This is really bland in flavor. Not sure what to add it to. Maybe more green chilies or garlic? It is good but if I make it again I will definitely add more spices. It might be better with like mild sausage to make it more flavorful.
Feb 14, 2018
Good casserole for a group. I did add a second can of chilies though.
Mar 18, 2017
Not bad but was a little bland for us. Will make again but will spice it up a bit.
Dec 21, 2012
Easy and tasty. We used ham.
Feb 8, 2011
I have been making this for years. I always get compliments on it.It's easy to make and is very good.
Jul 17, 2010
Made this for the family, which consists of 2 picky boys, and we all liked it. I did use light sour cream as well as 2% cheese. Will try adding some spinach, broccoli, or cauliflower next time for some needed nutrients.
Jul 6, 2010
I made this the other day for my family ~ They all loved it and asked me to make it again. The only thing I did different was add 1 tsp. garlic powder... AWESOME recipe Thank you :-)