Tomato-Onion Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place green beans in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; add to onion. Stir in tomato paste and salt; heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 81 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 208mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Oct 8, 2016
This is the recipe I grew up with! Being Italian this was the only way my mother cooked green beans. Its still the only one I use with green beans. I have had sooo many complements from guests.
Sep 28, 2014
Very good, interesting flavor. A nice change from other recipes. Made as specified.