Apple-Bacon Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the apple and beans are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 242 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 11, 2016
Healthy and delicious.
Feb 5, 2013
After reading the other reviews, I was very disappointed with this recipe. I went exactly by the directions except to add slightly more green beans than called for. My family did not care for this dish at all. I won't make it again but if I were to, I would cut the vinegar in half.
Dec 7, 2012
I have used this recipe many times, for about 2 years now, and it is a favorite in my family. At first I wasn't sure, but the flavor combinations are fantastic. They are now "famous beans" in our family, and always a requested dish to gatherings. I am happy I found this recipe! Everyone should try it at least once!
Apr 5, 2011
So easy to make, and its a hit with everyone in my family!
Nov 19, 2008
I doubled the recipe