Grilled Green Beans
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, just until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot; cook and stir until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove from heat. Drain beans and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, shallot mixture and cheese; toss to coat. Transfer to a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square) coated with cooking spray. Fold foil around beans, sealing tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat until cheese is melted, 7-9 minutes. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 137 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Nov 4, 2019
Great to have a vegetable side dish to include on the grill menu. Good flavor and simple.
Jun 16, 2019
This is a winner-winner, chicken dinner recipe! The only thing I added was a pinch of kosher salt over the beans before sealing up the foil. I'm thinking they'd be just as good in the winter, finished in the oven.
Jun 20, 2018
Sounds really good and I'd like to try it but don't have a grill. How do you convert this to an oven?