Grilled Green Beans
I cook almost everything outdoors, including green beans. I prepare this snappy side dish while the entree is cooking. The recipe has won over my picky eaters. —Carol Traupman-Carr, Breinigsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add beans; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Remove from heat. Drain beans and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine beans, shallot mixture and cheese; toss to coat. Transfer to a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18-in. square) coated with cooking spray. Fold foil around beans, sealing tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 7-9 minutes or until cheese is melted. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Originally published as Grilled green bean casserole in Grill It 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.