Broccoli with Sauteed Red Pepper
Slivered almonds and sweet red peppers add crunch to fresh broccoli.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh broccoli spears
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Cut broccoli spears in half lengthwise; add to broth. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and shallot in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain broccoli; add broccoli, almonds, lemon-pepper and salt to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 157 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli with Red Pepper in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.