Broccoli with Sauteed Red Pepper
Slivered almonds and sweet red peppers add crunch to fresh broccoli.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound fresh broccoli spears
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Cut broccoli spears in half lengthwise; add to broth. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper and shallot in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain broccoli; add broccoli, almonds, lemon-pepper and salt to skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 157 calories, 12g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli with Red Pepper in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005