Sauteed Tarragon Radishes
Who says radishes only belong in salads? Sauteed in wine and tarragon, these may just change the way you look at radishes forever. These can be served on their own, or added to your favorite au gratin recipe. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 6 pounds radishes, quartered (about 9 cups)
- 1/4 cup white wine or water
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat butter over medium heat. Add radishes; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in wine; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, uncovered, until radishes are crisp-tender, 8-10 minutes . Stir in tarragon, salt and pepper.
Originally published as Sauted Radishes in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.