Fennel Spinach Saute
Spinach and fennel are two of my favorite veggies, so I'm always looking for new ways to use them. This is an amazing side dish, but if you slice the fennel a bit smaller, it also makes a great stuffing for chicken breasts or beef tenderloin. —Noelle Myers, Grand Forks, North Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add fennel and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted, 4-5 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips