Lemon-Roasted Squash with Tarragon
Roasting really brings out the flavor of butternut squash and zucchini. I drizzle them with lemon juice, oil, garlic and seasonings, then pop them in the oven. —Carrie Farias, Oak Ridge, New Jersey
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place squash and zucchini in a shallow roasting pan. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Roast 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with tarragon.
Originally published as Meyer Lemon Roasted Butternut Squash & Zucchini in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.