Lemon-Roasted Squash with Tarragon
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place squash and zucchini in a shallow roasting pan. In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper until blended; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Roast 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with tarragon.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 27, 2018
I had 4 lbs of butternut squash so I doubled the marinade to be sure. I think that the marinade could have used more flavor. The garlic added flavor but required a lot more. It took way longer to cook than the recipe allowed. I had to add an extra 15 min. The zucchini was fine but I don't think it paired well with the butternut. With that being said, I loved the tasted of the lemon and tarragon. I never used tarragon before. It has an anise or licorice scent to it. The lemon really added to the flavor but there could have been an additional flavor boost. Maybe rosemary.....