Golden Beet and Peach Soup with Tarragon
We had a bumper crop of peaches from our two trees this summer and I've been having fun experimenting with different recipes. After seeing a beet soup recipe in a cookbook, I changed it up a bit to include our homegrown golden beets and to suit our tastes. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds fresh medium golden beets, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups white grape peach juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 peeled fresh peaches, diced
- Additional fresh tarragon sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place beets in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Roast until tender, 40-45 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Transfer beets to a blender or food processor. Add juice and vinegar; process until smooth. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt and tarragon; refrigerate.
- To serve, divide beet mixture among individual bowls; place a spoonful of yogurt mixture into each bowl. Top with diced peaches and additional tarragon.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 159 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Golden Beet and Peach Soup with Tarragon in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.