Golden Beet and Peach Soup with Tarragon
One summer we had a bumper crop of peaches from our two trees, so I had fun experimenting with different recipes. After seeing a beet soup recipe in a cookbook, I changed it a bit to include our homegrown golden beets and sweet peaches. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds fresh golden beets, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups white grape-peach juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 medium fresh peaches, peeled and diced
- Additional fresh tarragon sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place beets in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Roast until tender, 40-45 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Transfer beets to a blender or food processor. Add juice and vinegar; process until smooth. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt and tarragon; refrigerate.
- To serve, divide beet mixture among individual bowls; place a spoonful of yogurt mixture into each bowl. Top with diced peaches and additional tarragon.
Test Kitchen tips