Beet Salad with Lemon Dressing
I was looking for a recipe for pickled beets and saw one with lemon instead of vinegar. I immediately thought of making a tabbouleh-inspired salad with beets instead of tomatoes. —Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 3 medium fresh beets (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup finely chopped English cucumber
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow or red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped radish
- 3/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°. Scrub beets and trim tops. Wrap beets in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake until tender, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. Cool slightly. Peel beets and cut into cubes.
- Place remaining vegetables and parsley in a large bowl. Whisk together dressing ingredients; toss with cucumber mixture. Gently stir in beets.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 116 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.