Greens with Citrus Dressing
"You don't miss the oil when topping a green salad with this light and tangy homemade dressing," assures Suzanne Schreiber of Keno, Oregon. "It's a refreshing side dish."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped raisins, optional
- Torn mixed salad greens
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine orange juice, vinegar, honey, water, lemon juice, orange zest and raisins if desired; shake well. Serve over salad greens.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 31 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Greens with Citrus Dressing in Taste of Home October/November 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.