Mixed Greens with Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and shallot. Gradually whisk in oil.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, spinach and arugula. Pour vinaigrette over salad; toss to coat. Top with walnuts and pomegranate seeds. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 169 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 23, 2014
Yum! Easy and very good.
Feb 8, 2014
Love the vinaigrette! Very light and refreshing. I substituted dried cranberries for the pomegranates, as they were out of season. This recipe is a keeper!
Dec 29, 2013
I was a little unsure about making this salad because I've never had a pomegranate seed, but it turned out absolutely awesome. Everyone loved it and had seconds. The dressing is so tasty - this salad will be a regular!