Tequila Vinaigrette with Greens
Here’s a zingy vinaigrette with Southwestern flair. We serve it with added toppings like apples, mandarin oranges, feta cheese and candied walnuts. —Janelle Lee, Appleton, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups spring mix salad greens
- 4 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 198 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 52mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Originally published as Tequila Vinaigrette in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015