Greek Salad with Green Grapes
Prepared with ingredients traditionally associated with Greece, this healthy and colorful salad offers a delightful combination of tastes. This salad is outstanding for any entree, but especially with lamb or pork dishes prepared in a Mediterranean style. —Holly Heupel, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 3-1/2 cups torn romaine
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- GREEK YOGURT VINAIGRETTE:
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, yogurt, honey, dill, salt and pepper. Gradually add the oil in a steady stream until combined. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Editor's Note: If Greek yogurt is not available in your area, line a strainer with a coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place 1/4 cup plain yogurt in prepared strainer; refrigerate overnight. Discard liquid from bowl; proceed as directed.