Greek Salad with Green Grapes
Prepared with ingredients traditionally associated with Greece, this healthy and colorful salad offers a delightful combination of tastes. This salad is outstanding for any entree, but especially with lamb or pork dishes prepared in a Mediterranean style.—Holly Heupel, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 3-1/2 cups torn romaine
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- GREEK YOGURT VINAIGRETTE:
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, yogurt, honey, dill, salt and pepper. Gradually add the oil in a steady stream until combined. Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Editor's Note: If Greek yogurt is not available in your area, line a strainer with a coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place 1/4 cup plain yogurt in prepared strainer; refrigerate overnight. Discard liquid from bowl; proceed as directed.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups salad: 229 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 268mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Greek Stahfeelee Salad in Tomatoes Recipe Cards 2013 Digest
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.