Citrus & Roasted Beets Salad
Glistening citrus and beets star in this colorful, tangy salad. It's a refreshing mix of bright flavors—just add chicken and it's a complete meal. —Peter Eldridge, Clermont, Florida
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 3 medium fresh beets (about 1 pound)
- 8 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 tangerine, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons grated tangerine zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Remove foil; allow beets to cool.
- Peel beets and cut into 1/2-in. cubes. On six salad plates, arrange the arugula, beets, heart of palm, grapefruit, orange and tangerine; sprinkle with cheese. Whisk the vinegar, orange and tangerine zest, orange juice, mustard and honey; gradually whisk in oil. Drizzle over salads. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 223 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.