Roasted Beet Wedges
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1 pound medium fresh beets, peeled
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 to 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut each beet into six wedges; place in a shallow dish. Add olive oil and salt; toss gently to coat.
- Place a piece of heavy-duty foil about 12 in. long in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Arrange beets on foil; top with rosemary. Fold foil around beets and seal tightly.
- Bake until tender, about 1 hour. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Discard rosemary sprigs.
Nutrition Facts3 wedges: 92 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
May 1, 2018
My husband loves beets. I think they're okay. But this recipe changed my mind. I love these. They're absolutely delicious. This recipe is a keeper.
Apr 20, 2017
This red beet recipe was so flavorful as well as very easy to prepare. I will be using this recipe as one of my red beet regulars.
Mar 18, 2017
Amazing!!! I don't know if I can go back to eating canned beets after eating these.
Feb 9, 2017
Delicious! I can't stop eating them lol!
Feb 3, 2017
Delicious as is as a side dish. The rosemary really comes through. I made a double batch and pickled them with a touch of sugar, apple cider vinegar, water, salt & pepper.
Jan 14, 2016
This recipe was wonderful! I doubled the recipe with the intent to freeze some; however, we enjoyed them so much that none of the beets ever made it to the freezer!
Nov 4, 2013
Very easy and delicious, I just wouldn't recommend using stripy beets, use normal beets, while the stripy beets tasted great, they looked not so great, but they were all the store had.
Mar 25, 2012
Great flavor, very easy to make.
Jul 21, 2010
Excellent! So easy and yet so delicious! Try the leftovers in salad!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.