Citrus-Tarragon Asparagus Salad
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Broil: 15 min.
- 3 medium sweet red peppers
- 3 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup walnut or olive oil
- Preheat broiler. Place peppers on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; let stand, covered, 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus in batches; cook, uncovered, 1-2 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry; cut into halves.
- Peel off and discard charred skin on peppers. Remove stems and seeds. Cut peppers into 1/4-in.-wide strips. In a large bowl, combine asparagus, red peppers and shallots. For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk vinegar, orange zest, tarragon, honey, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Drizzle over asparagus mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate up to 4 hours before serving, stirring occasionally.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 18, 2018
Tossed all the vegetables with 2t olive oil and roasted them at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes, until crisp/tender. I had dried shallots, so I added them to the dressing to rehydrate. Absolutely delicious, will definitely be making this again and again!