Asian Asparagus Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a saucepan, cook the asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes. Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Combine the soy sauce, oil, vinegar, sugar, sesame seeds, ginger and cumin; pour over asparagus and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Drain before serving.
Mar 30, 2018
A refreshing change of pace!
Oct 13, 2013
This is good, it just needs to soak in the sauce for a couple of hours. Just as the chill time says to do. I did not let it soak and it was tasteful only where the parts had soaked for a few minutes.
Sep 13, 2012
This was really good. I tasted it cold and thought it was okay, but decided to warm it after it had been marinated and drained. My family and I preferred it warm.
Jun 11, 2012
Everyone liked this. Normally we just add butter & salt to steamed asparagus, but this was a nice change for a cold side dish.
Jun 11, 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.