Marinated Asparagus Salad
A no-fuss side dish is great when entertaining. The asparagus is cooked and chilled in advance, then stands at room temperature in the marinade while I visit and prepare the rest of the meal. —Janice Connelley, Spring Creek, Nevada
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Place asparagus in a large skillet; add 1/2 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Arrange asparagus in a shallow dish. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over asparagus. Let stand at room temperature for 1-2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 164 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Asparagus Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.