Asparagus-Tomato Salad with Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 3 small tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; set aside. Place asparagus in a large saucepan with enough water to cover; cook until crisp-tender. Drain and cool.
- Combine asparagus, tomatoes and onion in a bowl. Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 66 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 18, 2013
Salads are something that have to be outstanding to appeal to picky ol' me...and this one certainly does. Though I'm always trying salad recipes, the file I have of ones that made the "outstanding" grade is pretty small. I used a huge clove of garlic in the dressing, and absolutely loved the garlicky goodness that permeated the dish. This is so different from the typical lettuce based salad......delicious and flavorful and wonderful!
Jun 17, 2012
This was an awesome receipe ! Took it to neighbor cook out and everyone enjoyed !!!
Apr 8, 2012
I love this recipe. I love chilled, crisp asparagus in salads, and I love asparagus with tomatoes. I am always looking for different salads to take for my lunch to help me stay on track with healthy eating, and this recipe is a keeper.
May 2, 2011
Easy to make and dellicious!