Asian Cucumber Salad
Tari Ambler’s colorful cucumber salad makes a cool and classy side dish when she serves up an Asian stir-fry at home in Shorewood, Illinois.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4-1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- In a serving bowl, combine the vinegar, honey, oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper. Add cucumber and red pepper; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 34 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Oriental Cucumber Salad in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006