German Cucumber Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, and parsley. Combine dressing ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture and toss gently. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 50 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 15mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jul 9, 2016
This is a delicious salad especially with summer produce. I used multi-color cherry tomatoes, Kirby cukes, and thick green onions. I used more Dijon mustard and skipped the milk as I thought the vinegar thinned out the sour cream just fine. Next time I will use some herb vinegar, and there will certainly be a next time!!!!
Sep 16, 2011
I was looking for some marinated or pickled german salads like I remember while visiting Germany. Also, many German restaurants have amazing salads. But this one was disappointing. It lacked flavor. Very plain.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.