Sesame-Ginger Cucumber Salad
I love the marinated sides and salads that come with meals at Japanese restaurants and wanted to try some at home. After some research, I came up with this cool and crisp salad with a little Asian zing. We love it with meat hot off the grill! —Kimberly Ludvick, Newburgh, New York
Total TimePrep: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- Thinly sliced green onions
- For dressing, mix first seven ingredients. Trim ends and cut cucumbers crosswise into 3-in. sections. Cut sections into julienne strips.
- To serve, toss cucumbers with sesame seeds and dressing. Sprinkle with green onions.