Sweet-Tart Cucumber Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 10 pickling cucumbers or 3 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- Place cucumbers in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon salt and toss. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, celery seed, pepper and remaining salt until blended. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers and onions. Pour dressing over cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 139 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 744mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 13, 2017
This recipe is a little to vinegary for my families taste. I added extra sugar and for us it tasted much better.
Apr 18, 2016
I made this refreshing salad to serve with a simple sandwich supper. While I reduced the recipe to about four servings, the salad turned out great!