Here's a tasty twist to pasta salad that my family really enjoys. The sweet-and-sour dressing is irresistible.—Sheryl Christian, Watertown, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni or mostaccioli
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a bowl; add pepper, cucumber and onion. In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients; shake until sugar is dissolved. Pour over salad; toss. Chill.