Tangy Cucumber Salad
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place cucumbers in a strainer; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Place in a large bowl; add tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl; add tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture and toss. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 61 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 25, 2017
Delicious salad. The dressing has just enough sweetness to off set the vinegar.
Jul 8, 2016
My family really enjoyed it-they said it was a refreshing change
Jun 20, 2015
This was easy to make. I think next time I will try with fresh herbs. I did like the slight heat and sweet of these.
Jun 20, 2011
The first time I made this my family was "eww" before they even tasted it. I had planned on having it for supper. Needless to say by the time supper time came there was barely enough left.
Aug 1, 2010
followed the recipe to the letter and it turned out great.
Jul 3, 2010
This salad reminds me of a dish we had in Fort Lauderdale while we were on our honeymoon. So good and fresh!
Jun 25, 2010
This was very good. The only change I made was to add green onions in place of the onions.
Apr 19, 2010
I thought this was a super recipe. I will definately make it again. I want to try it with some jalapenos.
Sep 1, 2009
Loved this salad. I did skip the garlic powder since we are not great fans of garlic.
Aug 6, 2009
I have this one marinating in my refrig. as we speak!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.