I created this cucumber coleslaw recipe so I could use a julienne peeler I received as a gift. I had leftover sparkling wine, so I thought I'd try to use it over julienned cucumbers to make this refreshing slaw. It's a nice way to round out a brunch or picnic. —Merry Graham, Newhall, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sparkling or dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Key lime juice
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 English cucumbers, julienned
- 2 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh snow peas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, combine the first 12 ingredients. In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, arugula, peas, almonds and cranberries.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.