Basil Dill Coleslaw
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, basil and dill. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Drizzle over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 138 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Oct 8, 2017
Really good variation when you are looking for a coleslaw that is a bit different. Used fresh herbs from my garden.
Aug 29, 2016
This coleslaw is absolutely delicious. I loved the flavor of the dill
Jun 30, 2015
Just made this tonight.Great!!!!!!!
Jul 29, 2014
Good and will make again. I did add red peppers and onion.
Oct 7, 2013
I was excited to see this recipe in a recent S&D magazine because I always get this wonderful coleslaw from my favorite Italian market that has fresh basil and parmesan in it, and I adore it! I left out the dill and added some chopped green onion, red bell pepper and shredded parmesan. It was sooo good! May leave out the sugar next time and see how that turns out. I usually love sweet coleslaw, but I think I may like this one better without the sweetness.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.