Sesame, Sunflower and Carrot Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Shred carrots with a hand grater or in a food processor fitted with grating attachment. Place carrots in a large bowl with next 4 ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Pour dressing over the carrot mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 283 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 10, 2018
This is a tasty, different twist on carrots! The combination of the sweeter carrots and raisins with the tangy dressing is a refreshing side dish. I served it with some premade potstickers but I think it would also be really nice on the side of a pork roast.
Oct 11, 2018
We love carrots! Delicious salad. It's delicious with an Italian salad dressing on it too. Thank you Jessica for sharing this recipe.