Sesame, Sunflower and Carrot Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 6 medium carrots
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels, toasted
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Shred carrots with a hand grater or in a food processor fitted with grating attachment. Place carrots in a large bowl with next 4 ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Pour dressing over the carrot mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 283 calories, 21g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 5g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 10, 2018
This is a tasty, different twist on carrots! The combination of the sweeter carrots and raisins with the tangy dressing is a refreshing side dish. I served it with some premade potstickers but I think it would also be really nice on the side of a pork roast.
Oct 11, 2018
We love carrots! Delicious salad. It's delicious with an Italian salad dressing on it too. Thank you Jessica for sharing this recipe.