Strawberry Spinach Salad with Sesame-Poppy Seed Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Divide the spinach, strawberries and celery between two salad plates. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Drizzle over salads. Sprinkle with almonds; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 212 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
May 22, 2011
Nummy! Was looking for a simple spinach and strawberry salad recipe and this fits the bill. Didn't have sesame seeds or slivered almonds on hand, but was great without.
May 26, 2010
This is a GREAT salad!! Light and refreshing. I used fresh spinach picked from our garden and it was fabulous! I didn't have poppy seeds but don't think it made that much of a difference. LOVED the crunch of the slivered almonds and celery.