Strawberry Spinach Salad with Sesame-Poppy Seed Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Divide the spinach, strawberries and celery between two salad plates. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Drizzle over salads. Sprinkle with almonds; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 212 calories, 18g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 22, 2011
Nummy! Was looking for a simple spinach and strawberry salad recipe and this fits the bill. Didn't have sesame seeds or slivered almonds on hand, but was great without.
May 26, 2010
This is a GREAT salad!! Light and refreshing. I used fresh spinach picked from our garden and it was fabulous! I didn't have poppy seeds but don't think it made that much of a difference. LOVED the crunch of the slivered almonds and celery.