Cranberry Walnut Slaw
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a blender, combine the first six ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Transfer dressing to a small bowl; stir in tarragon.
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, cranberries and onion. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 169 calories, 13g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 21, 2014
Also tastes great made with commercial broccoli/carrot slaw and,if you are in a hurry, poppyseed dressing is a good substitute.
Oct 9, 2012
Delicious!! Make just as directed in recipe.