Radish, Carrot & Cilantro Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 1-1/2 pounds radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine radishes, carrots, onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 51 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 11, 2016
This is an interesting and unusual salad. My husband loves radishes and he enjoyed this dish. He said the radishes themselves were a little bland but he liked the overall taste of the salad. I had no idea what to expect but the citrus flavor was a pleasant surprise.
Apr 1, 2016
I've rated this salad as a 4*recipe. This type of salad was unusual to me and the taste was interesting. I admit that it was hard to detect the citrus ingredient taste. The only thing is that I used about 1/2 bag peeled baby carrots and sliced them. I used LESS the radishes, since they were quite big! I did not have green onion, so I'd used 1/2 a yellow onion, finely chopped. I used my food processor to chop the cilantro. Thank you for sharing this recipe-I must say that I did enjoy preparing the salad! delowenstein