Radish, Carrot & Cilantro Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 1-1/2 pounds radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine radishes, carrots, onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 51 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Apr 11, 2016
This is an interesting and unusual salad. My husband loves radishes and he enjoyed this dish. He said the radishes themselves were a little bland but he liked the overall taste of the salad. I had no idea what to expect but the citrus flavor was a pleasant surprise.
Apr 1, 2016
I've rated this salad as a 4*recipe. This type of salad was unusual to me and the taste was interesting. I admit that it was hard to detect the citrus ingredient taste. The only thing is that I used about 1/2 bag peeled baby carrots and sliced them. I used LESS the radishes, since they were quite big! I did not have green onion, so I'd used 1/2 a yellow onion, finely chopped. I used my food processor to chop the cilantro. Thank you for sharing this recipe-I must say that I did enjoy preparing the salad! delowenstein