Tarragon Asparagus Salad
I love asparagus, and I love it even more when drizzled with my light, lemony vinaigrette dressing with a touch of tarragon. It's perfect as a side for fresh spring meals. —Linda Lace, Winter Park, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Place first seven ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, covered, until crisp-tender, 1-3 minutes. Remove asparagus and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- To serve, shake dressing again. Spoon over asparagus.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 77 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 387mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Asparagus Vinaigrette in Taste of Home April/May 2007