Sauteed Spring Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup green pepper strips
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk the marinade ingredients. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, saute vegetable mixture in batches for 3-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 82 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
May 20, 2018
I was so excited to try this recipe after seeing six "5" star ratings. I pulled out my mandoline after years of not using it and sliced up all the zucchini. I followed the marinade instructions precisely and marinated for no more than 1 hour according to the directions. The taste is sour and so disappointing. I ate some more the next day and it is still terrible. I threw the whole batch out. I never like to give 1 star ratings but I just had to.
Mar 10, 2018
Good way to get more veggies into your diet. Will be making again once I can get the veggies at our local farmers’ market.
Mar 23, 2016
Sure great with the balsamic but have a question about the marinade do you discard or cook with the vegetables? Thanks really like the veggie medleys.
Jun 5, 2015
We absolutely love this dish. We have tried the balsamic vinegar and the soy sauce. The soy sauce is okay but the balsamic vinegar is superb. I am making it again now. My only problem is that I cry so much cutting up the onion. I know, my problem... Anyway, a mandolin helps in cutting up the vegetables more quickly. Thank you so much for this recipe.
Jun 1, 2014
We really enjoy this recipe. It is simple and very tastey. We will be using it as a side dish often this summer (especially when the garden starts coming in).
May 27, 2012
Thank you for your great review. Glad you liked it. I make it all the time, my wife loves it.
May 18, 2012
Absolutely delic!!!! Will be making it many more times.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.