Asian Pasta Salad
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup snow peas, halved
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add carrots, peas, onions and red pepper. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until smooth. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 139 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 31, 2018
I made this salad for a potluck at work and everyone thought it was great! I added a little extra soy sauce and used fresh ginger to boost the flavor. I will definitely be making this again!
May 16, 2017
I agree with previous comments. It needed more flavor so I doubled the soy and the ginger. Turned out pretty good, but will not be a go to very often for an Asian flair.
Jun 26, 2014
I made this improvising with what I had on hand: low fat mayo, light sour cream, frozen peas instead of snow peas. I also added wasabi powder and more sauce, ginger and pepper. I did not use the full amount of macaroni. The dressing was really thick so I thinned it a little with skim milk. Good flavor and perfect side for Grilled Tuna Rolls.
Dec 6, 2013
This is a great salad, however I thought it needed more flavor so I added half a tube of wasabi and a half a bag of shrimp. I brought this dish to a pot luck and everyone wanted the recipe
Nov 11, 2013
Adorable .... www.botagaz.com
Aug 22, 2013
Great salad except it needed more flavor. I added more soy sauce and ginger. I also added some water chestnuts to give it a littleasian crunch.
Jun 3, 2012
We love this salad in the summer.
Apr 2, 2012
Omitted red pepper (personal preference) and added cubed chicken breast for a lunch entree. Nice!