Tarragon Tuna Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, celery and onion. Combine the mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, tarragon, mustard and pepper. Stir into tuna mixture. Serve on lettuce leaves if desired.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 151 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Mar 30, 2020
I love tarragon but I was slightly disappointed in this recipe. Flavors and taste were good, but it tasted like a normal tuna salad to me. I did use dried tarragon. I would like to try with fresh next time.
Mar 3, 2020
I had leftover, cooked swordfish, and I made this recipe with the flaked swordfish. I also added a few capers. Loved the taste of the tarragon and the crunch of the vegetables. Served it with fresh pita bread.
Aug 22, 2016
I love this flavorful tuna salad! The only change I made was adding extra mayo. I served with lettuce in a pita.
Mar 28, 2012
To die for recipe! It is easily the best tuna salad we've ever had and can hold its own against any gourmet restaurant recipe.