Herbed Tuna and White Bean Salad
This is a quick and delicious salad that can be made special for guests—or yourself—by grilling fresh tuna steaks instead of using canned. —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1 can (15 ounces) no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/3 cup pitted Nicoise or other olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) albacore white tuna in water, drained
- Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and salt; drizzle over salad. Add tuna and toss gently to combine.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 319 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Herbed Tuna and White Bean Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2018