White Bean Tuna Salad with Vinaigrette
I love tuna, and this recipe is a great way to use good old canned tuna--and it's great to share! The Mediterranean flavors really pack a punch.—Laureen Pittman, Riverside, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) albacore white tuna in water
- 1 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Greek olives
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 6 leaves red leaf lettuce
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients until well blended.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tuna, red peppers, onion, olives, tomatoes, parsley and oregano. Drizzle with vinaigrette; gently toss to coat. Serve on lettuce.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 367 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 849mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as White Bean Tuna Salad in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America RTL 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.