Herbed Tuna Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the mayonnaise and sour cream; stir into the tuna mixture.
- Divide the salad greens between two plates. Top with tuna mixture and tomato wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 170 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable.
Dec 8, 2015
I don't often leave reviews on recipes, but I felt that this definitely was worth the time and trouble to log in and review. This is the best tuna salad I've ever made, and my husband is in complete agreement. I served it on toast (with lettuce and thinly-sliced tomatoes) with deviled eggs and a cheese soup, and it was a delightful light supper. I will be making this many more times.
Jul 6, 2012
Very good. It made a nice change from the usual.
Jun 8, 2012
This was a nice tuna salad. It made a great lunch!
Jan 23, 2010
This recipe is very good. And I feel virtuous when I fix and eat it! I didn't change a thing.