Waldorf Tuna Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 large red apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, apple, celery, raisins, dates and walnuts. Combine yogurt and mayonnaise; add to tuna mixture and toss to coat. Serve on lettuce-lined plates; sprinkle with the cheese.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 340 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Jan 1, 2017
I made this salad today for lunch. All I can say is Winner! I made a couple of changes. I toasted the walnuts, and added a cooked egg. I omitted the yogurt since I didn't have any but the mayo was perfect. This recipe is not only easy but delicious. I highly recommend it as a Volunteer Field Editor.
Apr 2, 2010
Made this with canned chicken instead, very good, very additive. Have never used the Monterey Jack cheese, I don't think the salad needs it. One of my favorites!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.