Herbed Onion Salad Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, oregano and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar and onion; cover and process until smooth. Add the seasonings; cover and blend well. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is thickened. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 160 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jun 2, 2014
I made it and really liked it. I used a sweet onion about the size of a tennis ball. When the recipe says large onion....I never know if its baseball or grapefruit sized.
Feb 5, 2014
I love this salad dressing recipe! Not only is it easy to make but it also makes a quart sized jar amount which I need because everyone loves it so much. Every time I serve this dressing people ask for the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.