Fresh Basil Salad Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 green onion, cut into large pieces
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place the basil, onion and garlic in a food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and process until blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 104 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Dec 6, 2016
We made it this summer on vacation and really enjoyed it. Used minced garlic, reduced-fat mayonnaise and reduced-fat sour cream and fresh lemon juice. Served it with cooked chicken tortellini, fresh mozzarella marinated with olive oil, herbs & spices, cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil. Highly recommend!
Oct 29, 2016
Really knew we would love this dressing. It had all our favorite flavor ingredients. Followed the recipe exactly. Unfortunately it was a fail and ended up up throwing it away. We seldom throw food away because I can usually add something to make it salvageable. Not this time. Sorry.