Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 12 thick tomato slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- Minced green onions
- Minced fresh parsley
- Arrange tomato slices in an 8-in. square dish; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and mustard. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
- To serve, place each lettuce leaf on an individual plate and top with two tomato slices. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with onions and parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 174 calories, 18g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jun 30, 2015
Delicious! I used this dressing on a green bean, cauliflower, and red onion salad. I halved the recipe and still have enough left to use on another salad. Will definitely make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.