Balsamic Herb Vinaigrette
Wondering how to make balsamic vinaigrette? This recipe is here to help. A variety of savory seasonings gives this dressing a tangy kick. It's the perfect complement to a bed of fresh greens. —Edgar Wright, Silver Spring, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- In a blender, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add the oil in a steady stream. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 199 calories, 19g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Balsamic Vinegar Dressing in Fresh Home Spring 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.